Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bean Sprouts!

Soooo.....my dad has been on my ass to add things to my diet. He said bean sprouts were a good idea. At first I was like guuuuurl that sounds nasty. But then I remembered eating them in chinese fried rice and always liking them. So I was in the healthy section at Shaws and saw a package of them and said "Why the hell not?". I didnt try them until just now, literally as I'm typing this. I threw them on my dinner which was literally a bowl or romaine and croutons with a few squirts of 2-calorie ranch dressing. They totally changed how the salad tastes. Not sure if I'm a fan yet, but they're not nasty and they're good for me so I'll keep munching on this salad here.

Nutritional info:
Vitamins A, B, C, D, E and K
Calcium, Carbohydrates, Chlorophyll, Iron, Magnesium, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc
All Amino Acids
Trace Elements
Protein: up to 35%

I just found that info on sproutpeople.com.So there ya go. It's good for you. YAY.

I'm off to eat more of my salad and chug some more water!

Omg but really quick I didn't even mention this. Ok so I'm usually around 170 lbs. and I'm ok with that but I've been eating like truck loads of microwavable pizza lately and I went to the doctors and weighed 183!! That's not ok! I gained 13 pounds in TWO weeks! Unhealthy much?!

SO I was online and researching the raw foods movement thingy and MIGHT be going semi-raw. I'm going to start drinking green smoothies every day. Go to http://happyfoody.com/2008/03/15/how-to-make-a-green-smoothie/ for a video showing you how to. Also, if you're interested, go to www.happyfoody.com to learn more about the whole deal. I love that site.

Ok I'm really leaving now. My salad looks leafy and lonely.

Bye!

<3 Summer 

No comments:

Post a Comment